Monday, August 29, 2016

Mira vos che

Well my companion is now in the hospital because she got her appendix taken out and something went wrong and her stomach hurts all the time and we will know if she needs to have another surgery or not in an hour. It´s so sad. But I know that everything will be okay. She really is so sweet and just the best companion ever. We are having so much fun to be honest. Life is so much better when you get along with your companions jaja.

This week a 7 year old wrote his number on a torn piece of paper and told me to call him. So I might just be staying here in Argentina when I finish the mission…. Jajaja But really this week was sweet. We couldn´t work a ton because my companion was a little sick and didn´t feel too hot but we made an effort every single day to see Federicoooo. And wow do I love the kid. This week he asked us about the mission and how he can serve. And I was a little bit scared to talk about the mission with him to be honest because I didn´t want him to change his mind about getting baptized when we told him that it´s a commandment to serve in the mission for chicos. But he told us that he is ready to start preparing and that he is going to start saving money now. And he even asked us this week if he could just read the books on his own and then we can just ask him questions to see if he knows the lessons because he already knows everything and is getting bored. Jajajja I just want everyone to get to know Federico. AND HE SHAVED HIS GOTE. With out us even saying anything. I couldn´t believe it too be honest. Now everyone in our ward doesn´t know who he is because they all referred to him as the kid with the gote. Jajaja I don’t know how to spell gote.

But really it is just the most amazing thing to be a part of someone’s change. And it all started with a simple invitation to family home evening. It really blows my mind what God can do with such a small act of faith. He can change generations. We can change generations. All it takes is a simple invitation. To change their salvation (that rhymes jaja) I am so grateful for every experience I have had here in the mission. I feel unbelievably blessed and sometimes unworthy of the many blessings I receive every single day and the experiences we have. It’s so amazing to the have the knowledge that we are not only humans here on the earth but children of the most powerful being. And to know that he loves us and knows us more we know ourselves. And he knows us enough to know that we can’t live this life without his help so he sent his son to lead us and guide us and establish his church here on the earth. And that through him, his teachings and his example we can return to the arms of our loving father. And that despite of our many imperfections and weakness he loves us and wants us to return to him.  All we have to do is turn to him and trust in him and he will turn our weaknesses into strengths. He will lift us and help us become stronger e v e r y t i m e we fall. It honestly blows my mind all that he can do and has done for me in my life. And it just makes me so grateful to know that I can give him a tiny portion of all that he has given me in this short time.

 2 Nefi 2;24 Pero he aquí, todas las cosas han sido hechas según la sabiduría de aquel que todo lo sabe.

Sometimes we don´t understand why things happen or why we are who we are. But there is not a doubt in my mind that God has a perfect plan. That every detail of our lives, every hardship, every heartbreak, every downfall, every joyful moment happens for a reason. Because we are children of a father who knows all. And has all knowledge. And knows all that we need. And no, we can´t comprehend all things. But if we can just put our trust in the Lord we can let this perfect plan take place in our lives. I know my Savior lives. I know my Heavenly Father loves his Children.

Tune in next week

Hermana Jarvis Jarvis






​all any white girl needs
too all my haters

No comments:

Post a Comment