Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Semana de felicidad

I just talked to an Amish couple. Sooooo I can now cross that off my bucket list. I also am a lil upset about the liter here. Argentina really doesn´t have very many flaws. But if I had to choose one it would be the litter literally EVERY WHERE. I just wanna pull first grade teacher on everyone here and have them all pick up five things.

We have transfers today and I am staying with my companion for another transfer. This is her very last transfer and she might actually think that she has already ended the mission because sleeping in for her is now a regular thing. So I am trying to keep her alive and ready to work haha so I will let you know how that goes. This week was hard but so good. And also Hermana Zarada left me for another area. And im a lil heart broken haha.

We have this amazing investigator who is literally my bestie. Her name is Patricia. One day we were walking in the street I saw her and her fam and I was like hey whats up can we share a message and they were like yeah, but we are catholic! But I don´t even think I had the opportunity to say more than five things because they talked so much hahaha. But she proceeded to tell us how she has had evil spirits visiting her house and her kids have felt them too and its been going on for 2 years or something like that. Just super messed up creepy stuff. But we really didn´t even have time to tell her anything about the church because we had to go back to the apartment cause it was getting late. But I invited her to church not really thinking much of it. And she came! And then we started visiting her with her family and they all have committed to baptism. Patricia (the mom) is so pumped about the gospel. She reads the Book of Mormon everyday and always has questions and this week she came to church again and she BORE her testimony. I was in shock and so very full of joy. The other day we were talking and she’s like everything about your church makes so much sense. Like why would a perfect lil baby get baptized when it doesn´t have any sins? And I’m like, I know right! She really has strengthened my testimony so much and helped me realize how very special our church is and how it all makes so much sense. And also she said that for the first time in a long time she can actually sleep through the night without feeling super sketched out. Miracles, I tell ya.

Also wow the sweetest little family. The Islas family. They are the cutest thing in the world. The other missionaries before us were visiting them and the mom was suffering from cancer. The dad was just about to get baptized and then the mom passed away. And they have 3 little girls. And after the mom passed away they kind of cut cords with the church and really didn´t want to talk to missionaries anymore. But I really just felt that we needed to talk to them. So we went over there and the daughter told us that she didn´t want to receive us anymore. So one day I called their dads cell phone and set up a date to come chat with them. But that also fell through. Then the other night we went to one of the farthest areas to visit an inactive family and they didn´t answer the door. So I told my companion that we should try one more time with this Islas family. And we went over there and they let us come inside and chat with them.  And wow. I have never felt the Saviors love for someone that strong in my entire life. I went on to share D&C 50:40-46 and we talked about how we really are just little children. We can´t comprehend all things in this moment but if we go forward with faith and build our foundation on Christ we will never fall. And I just felt the spirit so very strongly and I started tearing up so bad they literally probably thought I was crazy. But in that moment I just gained such a strong testimony of the Saviors love. Not only for me but for all of God´s children. I don´t even know these people. But I know that our Heavenly Father does without a doubt in my mind and I am so very grateful to be an instrument in his hands and help others feel that love.

And I just want to end this with the sweetest little quote Maddie sent me, “I used to pray that God would feed the hungry, or do this or that, but now I pray that he will guide me to do whatever I’m supposed to do, what I can do. I used to pray for answers, but now I’m praying for strength. I used to believe that prayer changes things, but now I know that prayer changes us and we change things.” -Mother Teresa

God changes us so we can help him change others. We have this perfect ability in our church to help other feel the love that we feel. And there is no better time to share this beautiful message than today.  I am so very grateful to be here and recognize that love and the plan that he really has for each any every single one of us. I can´t even begin describe the joy I feel sharing this perfect message with the people of Argentina. I love the mission so much. Remember to be happy and count your many MANY blessings. There really are so many things to be grateful for and happy for we just need to open our eyes. I love da mish mish.






1 comment:

  1. Those gray shoes you have...I wants them...I needs them!

    ReplyDelete