Monday, November 9, 2015

MINIONS

HOLA!

I feel like I am in the minion movie here. I don´t understand anyone but they are all so funny so I just laugh hahahha. Argentina is beautiful! Besides all of the trash EVERYWHERE it's pretty great. My spanish is getting better and better! Everyone here says ¨how are you walking?¨ instead of how are you doing hahahha and I laugh everytime.

The first couple of days were pretty hard but I realized there is so much to be happy about! I love this work. I love my life. I even love the drunk guys that tell me they love me, or the millions of rabies dogs, or the smoke blown in my face every second of everyday once I leave my apartment hahaha.

My companion thinks that I got botox hahahhahahha. Oh and she is amazing! I got so lucky. She is from brazil and she speaks english! I love her with all of my heart. She makes everything so much better.

OKAY GUESS WHAT. I havent eaten bread, milk or sugar the whole time I have been here. Shout out to everyone who told me I would never survive. I had like a tiny bit of cheese in my rice and I was sick for 3 DAYS hahahha. The memebers are so awesome. We have been fed every single ding dong day for lunch. THEY ARE SAINTS. And they always make me special food with out bread. So that's a blessing.

We made two ladies cry this week when we talked to them. One of the ladies is married and has two of the cutest little girls I have ever seen. And her husband doesn´t let her leave the house and he is cheating on her. So we have to go over there on Saturday nights to visit her while her husband is at work because she is so scared of him and we are going to try and help her move out of her house and divorce her husband. Its is so sad but I know that God will help us.

I shower with a bucket everyday because the shower is broken hahaha but its fine. I am just grateful we have a bucket and water!

What I have realized the most in my time being here is that God is with me every step of the way if I am obeying his commandments. I love the scripture Mosiah 24:16 so go read it. It has helped me a lot this week.

Mosiah 24:16

16 And it came to pass that so great was their faith and their patience that the voice of the Lord came unto them again, saying: Be of good comfort, for on the morrow I will deliver you out of bondage.

Another one that has become my fav is Alma 5:24,27

Alma 5:24-27

 24 Behold, my brethren, do ye suppose that such an one can have a place to sit down in the kingdom of God, with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob, and also all the holy prophets, whose garments are cleansed and are spotless, pure and white?
 25 I say unto you, Nay; except ye make our Creator a liar from the beginning, or suppose that he is a liar from the beginning, ye cannot suppose that such can have place in the kingdom of heaven; but they shall be cast out for they are the children of the kingdom of the devil.
 26 And now behold, I say unto you, my brethren, if ye have experienced a change of heart, and if ye have felt to sing the song of redeeming love, I would ask, can ye feel so now?
 27 Have ye walked, keeping yourselves blameless before God? Could ye say, if ye were called to die at this time, within yourselves, that ye have been sufficiently humble? That your garments have been cleansed and made white through the blood of Christ, who will come to redeem his people from their sins?

Because it talks about being worthy enough to stand in the same presence as past prophets. Like wow I want to be worthy enough to stand where they stand. So imma make every second I have here count! I love this work. I love this gospel with all of my heart and soul. I am so grateful to be a missionary and feel of my saviors love. Remember who you are and remember to tell ya momma you love her.

I LOVE YOU ALL
WRITE ME A LETTER WILL YA
te amo
XOXOXO
Hermana swagger jagger

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Jenna! Really proud of you, and I love reading about your adventure and your work. Hang in there, and know that we love you!

    Tio Estebe

    ReplyDelete