Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Holla for a Dolllllla

(Herman Jarvis and Hermana Prestwich)

Wusss up wuss up in the real world?????

This week was the bomb digity because of Conference of course! I loved it. I have never actually stayed awake through a session until being at the MTC hahahaha. Don't follow my example. But on the real, I am so grateful for our prophet. I never really thought much about prophets before the MTC and when Thomas S Monson was up there about to fall over it broke my heart. I really have taken our loved prophet of God for granted! That is the saddest thing! So just take a minute to realize how blessed we are to have him and his apostles! Such a blessing. Anyways, if you don't know, now you know that I have always had very weird feelings about the way some people act towards people with same sex attraction and when I heard Jeffery R Hollands talk I LOST IT. I was just crying and crying. It was so powerful. For those who didn't have the opportunity to here it, (other than all the amazing things he said about moms) it was about this guy who had been serving a mission and came home due to same sex attraction and he started having so many doubts and feeling so alone.
But his family loved him so much and they kept pushing him to be better and feel the love of God. And eventually after 5 years he felt that love and decided to go back to church, become a seminary teacher and eventually return to his mission. His same sex attraction didn't just magically disappear but he just pushes through it and is still just as equally loved as you and I. Anyways, I love how his family never ever gave up on him. Because that is how God acts towards all of his children. He never gives up on you. You can only give up on him. I feel like we are often so quick to judge another when someone admits their sins. When we are too prideful to admit our own! If only if only our sins made us smell or showed on up our skin, boy would this world be a lot different. "who am I to judge another when I walk imperfectly?" I feel that when we notice someone struggling with same sex attraction, struggling with drugs, struggling with the law of Chasity, struggling with beliefs in the church, the list goes on and on. We tend to distances ourselves. Because we don't want to get involved in that. We don't want to get dragged down to that "level". But we can not go into these situations thinking that they will drag us down. We need to go into these situations with the mind set of how can I lift this person up? Don't give up on these wonderful people. Never. Give. Up. Just as  God has not given up on you. Love as the God would loves them. All these people want is to be loved. All anyone want's is to be loved. So love as God loves.

Sorry that is literally a mile long.

This Sunday my district is starting a 40 day fast and I am beyond excited. We aren't giving up food, THANK GOODNESS. But we are giving up some of our bad habits. I am picking ten things that I think are holding me back from being the person God wants me to be. And I am going to strive to not do them for 40 days and then hopefully the rest of eternity. I know that this will help me so much and I encourage you to do it too! It might be rough at times but it will all in all make us such better people. I hope you are all doing well and not doing drugs! I miss home a lot. Especially when my comp is sick and I just sit in our room as she sleeps for 5 hours. But then I remember why I am here and how many lives I get to bless as the Lord works through my hands!

My scripture that I am ponderizing this week is 1 Nephi 7:12

12 Yea, and how is it that ye have forgotten that the Lord is able to do all things according to his will, for the children of men, if it so be that they exercise faith in him?Wherefore, let us be faithful to him.
So good. Just makes my heart happy knowing we can pray to our loving heavenly father about anything, ANYTHING we are struggling with. Something else I though was kool that I learned this week was that we need to not just endure to the end, we need to love, help, and create happiness until the end! K I love you all so much. Remember to look at the potential in everyone. I pray for you all everyday. I hope that if you ever are feeling sad FIRST you pray and if you still need a pick me up you can email me and I will tell you a joke. hahahaha k bye

PEACE AND BLESSINGS <3 <3 <3
Sorry this email is all over the place hahaha

Also I peed my pants this week while I was in a jumping jacks competition hahahahahaha

(Twinning with my Companion on accident hahaha)

Elder Hall - Funniest elder ever


No comments:

Post a Comment