Monday, July 25, 2016

10 Months and still chillllll

I literally don´t think there is anything better than sitting on my bike at a stop light and inviting people to know about the restored gospel. Definitely FUR SURE one of my favorite things I have done in the mission. I feel so white and so nerdy but it’s all good in the hood ya know. As long as I’m helping people to know that God loves them, right?

Its finally warming up herein Argentinnnnna and am so happy. But mosquitos are real and my entire hand and legs have been the size of a balloon thanks to these deadly thangs. But the work is moving forward. Slowly but surely. We are going to make some big change here in Oran. I hit 10 months in the mission this week and I am in shock. And it just makes me so grateful that I still have 8 months. I really honestly can´t imagine real life. It freaks me out jaajaja.

This week was so sweet la verdad. This week we were visiting a family and their recently baptized daughter decided to go and visit people with us. Her mom has been a member for ever but got offended when she was pregnant with her first daughter and decided to leave the church and after 20 years her daughter found the missionaries and decided to get baptized. And when we finished with all of our appointments we went back to her house and it was already time for us to go back to the apartment so that we could plan for the next day but I just had the strongest impression that we need to share a message with their family. I even had a scripture engraved in my mind that I knew I had to share. I didn´t even ask my companion I just pretty much told them that we were going to share a message with them realllllly fast. So we entered and her dad was there who isn´t a member and has NEVER accepted the missionaries and he decided to listen to us. And right when I saw him I knew why I felt that prompting. Then we shared a scripture about family prayer and committed them to start praying as a family every night.  And then we ended in a prayer on our knees and I just felt this love that God has for us as his children stronger than ever before. I just feel so blessed that God trusts us enough to help this sweet little family find their way back on his straight and narrow path. And this trust that he has in each and everyone of us to help our brothers and sisters. There is not a doubt in my mind that there are always always people prepared to receive this message in our lives. Whether we are in a foreign country or in Mormonville  Utah. God is always preparing our loved ones and all we have to do is open our hearts and God will fill our mouths with the words that they need to here.

Alma 35 ¡He aquí, sus almas son preciosas, oh Señor, y muchos de ellos son nuestros hermanos; por tanto, danos, oh Señor, poder y sabiduría para que podamos traer a estos, nuestros hermanos, nuevamente a ti!

11 Y toda tu obra será en Sion, con toda tu alma, desde ahora en adelante; sí, siempre abrirás tu boca por mi causa, no temiendo lo que pueda hacer el hombre, porque yo estoy contigo. Amén.

Don´t be selffish, and pray for an opportunity to share this amazing message and help our heavenly father in this perfect plan that he has for us. I love the gospel with all of my heart and I love teaching people about this love that God has for each and every one of us. And teaching them that because of this love that he has for us WE HAVE A LIVING PROPHET who is leading and guiding us in these times of trouble and doubt because we have a God who is the same yesterday, today and forever. 

XOXOXOXOXOXO

Hermana J didster

No comments:

Post a Comment