Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Hola mis seres queridos

Hola mis seres queridos. This week was just dandy and really really  cold. And went by so fast. I feel like P-day was yesterday. We have been singing Christmas songs all week because it seems like Christmas is just right around the corner with this weather. Jajaja. I love my companion to death and I feel like we might be getting divorced this transfer jaja and my heart is already breaking.

This week my testimony of the Sacrament sky rocketed. How amazing is it that we have the opportunity to literally start new ever single week? To be baptized again without being baptized EVERY WEEK. It really is something so amazing and uncomprehendable. I remember before the mission thinking nothing of it and now it’s one of the biggest things I look forward to every week. How lucky are we to have a Father in Heaven that gives us the chance to completely start new every single week? 

Another thing that is on my mind is that we really have power. And not power of the world but power of God. Through the restored gospel we literally, through our covenants with God, each and every one of us are blessed with this sacred power of God. How amazing is it that we are so blessed to know of the restored gospel? Every day we teach people that have never heard a thing about the restored gospel and powerful message that we have. And it just makes me think, wow how privileged am I to be put into a family that has a knowledge of this amazing message. That isn´t stuck in spiritual darkness. But how sad is it that there are people who know of this gospel and this power that we have and don´t use it. I was reading a talk by Russell M. Nelson that really made me think about how sacred this power is and how amazing it is that we have this power, I just want the whole world to read it. “The Price of Priesthood Power”

“Are you willing to follow President Thomas S. Monson’s example of serving others? For decades he has taken the long way home, following promptings of the Spirit to arrive on someone’s doorstep and then hear words such as, “How did you know it was the anniversary of our daughter’s death?” or “How did you know it was my birthday?” …..

Now, if all of this sounds excessive, please consider how different our relationships with our wife, children, and associates at work would be if we were as concerned about gaining priesthood power as we are in progressing at work or increasing the balance in our bank account. If we will humbly present ourselves before the Lord and ask Him to teach us, He will show us how to increase our access to His power.

My dear brethren, we have been given a sacred trust—the authority of God to bless others. May each one of us rise up as the man God foreordained us to be—ready to bear the priesthood of God bravely, eager to pay whatever price is required to increase his power in the priesthood. With that power, we can help prepare the world for the Second Coming of our Savior, Jesus Christ.”

I know this talk is directed for men but I know that each one of us holds this sacred power and trust that God has in us. And we cannot even comprehend the amazing things that we can do with this power and authority as members of the church. The life’s we can change. The instruments we can be in the hands of our beloved Heavenly Father. But when we aren´t worthy of this gift that we have or we don´t use it we are wasting precious time and precious moments to grow and prepare not only ourselves but our brothers and sisters. I invite you to really think about this sacred power that we hold and the knowledge that we have of this message and the opportunity we have to start again every week. And to be better than you were yesterday and tomorrow be better than you were today through the atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ. I love this gospel with all my heart.

XOXOXO

Hermana Jarvis




No comments:

Post a Comment