Monday, June 6, 2016

An apple a day

An apple a day keeps the doctor away and I sure haven’t been eating an apple a day… creative? Jajajjaa Well I am a Little sick and I dont really remember a lot from this week other than we taught a 35 year old man about the Law of Chastity and it was one of those moments that I never want back in my life jajaja.

 We were teaching this old couple the other day and they are litterally the cutest thing. They are both 83 and just so sweet. But they went on to tell us how they are Catholic and they will always be Catholic (literally my everyday conversacions) and we started talking about the Bible and the Book of Mormon and they went on to tell us how they have never even read the Bible but that they are verrrrryy Catholic. And I just thought HOW SAD. So many people here could tell us about how Catholic they are and show us all of the crosses that they have and all their statues of Mary and other Saints and then we ask them the last time that they prayed or the last time they read about Jesus Christ and they can’t remember. It just makes me realize how very lucky I am to have a religión that not only talks of Jesus Christ and knows of him but really teaches us to personally know our Savior and Redeemer.

“John 20:27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.”

Maybe we can’t see our Savior Jesus Christ and we can not phisically touch the marks in his hands and feet but as we really pray to understand him and walk as he walked and be not faithless, but believing, we can really come to know our Savior. When we put our thoughts and actions of the natural man aside and think and walk as he walked and maybe even suffer a glimpse of what he suffered we can become more than we ever imagined. We can truly become children of our beloved Father in Heaven. I am so very grateful for the knowledge I have of this góspel. For the oppurtunity I have to really come to know my Savior and not only know of him. I am so grateful for the book of Mormon because its the way that we can see a Little bit more into the ways of our Savior and what he expects of us.

1 Nephi 15:14 And at that day shall the remnant of our seed know that they are of the house of Israel, and that they are the covenant people of the Lord; and then shall they know and come to the knowledge of their forefathers, and also to the knowledge of the gospel of their Redeemer, which was ministered unto their fathers by him; wherefore, they shall come to the knowledge of their Redeemer and the very points of his doctrine, that they may know how to come unto him and be saved.

And I really know with all of my heart that the words in it are true and written for me and written for you in these last days so that can know how to be something and do something with our lives and come to KNOW our Savior Jesus Christ. I really am just the happiest lil missionary and there is no where else I would rather be than helping my brothers and sisters know of this perfect plan.

XOXOXOXO
Hermana Jarvi



No comments:

Post a Comment