Monday, June 13, 2016

Wife Skills on high

Well I am 100 percent convinced that if you can deap clean a missionary apartment that hasn´t been cleaned in years, you can truly do anything. Plus I am like a 20 out of 10 on my future wife skills. We litterally used half of our P-day to clean and I feel like I just ran a marathon and need a bazillion trophies or lots of cash, jajajja but really…

This semana was way good. In a letter before I talked about my love for Vanina. She is this precious little member here that was working for her entire family (of 14) and not going to school and is only 16 and her dad commited suicide 11 years ago. And this past week her mom died of cancer. I literally could not believe it when I heard the news. Its so crazy all that these people go through. And yet she is still the happiest little lady in all of Argentina. Her testimony is one of the strongest I have ever heard. And I just want her to come live with me in the United States and have a normal life more than anything. But for now imma get her prepared for a mission.

Also we have been visiting mi querido Hno Luna. He is 70 years old and one day he was sitting in his house and some home boys came in and beat him and robbed everything he has. And now he has to walk with crutches and can barely move. He was baptized like 20 years ago but has been inactive. He is so so so lonely and has nothing to do but sit in house, where he lives alone and stare out the window. And everytime we come and visit him he is waiting outside for us with the biggest smile on his face. But this week we went and visited him and he started crying and crying and told us that his neighbors are signing papers for him to get put in an old folks home. HOW SAD. and when we were leaving I asked him if he has some kind of way that we can call him and he told me know but "Jarvis, I am going to buy a cellphone so I can talk to you guys!" and he also told us in our second visit that this is the second time this week that he has felt joy. Because it was our second visit ;) He is so sweet and I just love him with all of my heart.

Well that is really the highlight of my week. I am learning so much and I can´t even count the blessing and miracles I get to see everyday through the hand of God in my life and in the lifes of my loved ones. I am just so grateful for all that I have and all the experiences I am having here. I really can not imagine my life with out the mission. I really was so worried about what would happen at home or what I would miss out on in the mission but I have truly learned that there is nothing better I could be doing and I just am SO HAPPY. How great is it to know that God is exists and he has a perfect plan for us. And that we can be forgiven of everysingle one of our sins and that we can be with our families forevaaa.  So many miracles here in Santiago and the time is flying by. My favorite scrip of today is

 Alma 37:37  Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart befull of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shallbe lifted up at the last day.

 there is not a doubt in my mind that through the power of prayer anything is possible. I love this gospel. I love argentinos and I love my companion and I love you.

Over and out

Hermana Jarvis
ja ja j ja ja



​Mi querido, Hno Luna 

my daughter 



​Vanina mi amor 


When you forget your boat in argentina 

Hey there suga lover, whatcha lookin at? (this is real life)

​When your swag can no longer pay the bills 




No comments:

Post a Comment