Monday, May 2, 2016

HACE FRIO


Hola chicas

This week was splendid. I love my comp. She is just as cute as a button. This week was so COLD. SO COLD. Like wow are we in Utah or Argentina. NOT SURE. I really don´t have a lot of time. Its so crazy all of the cray cray things that happen everyday. And I really could not express them in the slightest in these last 15 minutes that I have. But wow.. The mission is so good. Right now we are just looking for new peeps and working a TON con inactive members. And this week we visited the sweetest family and we talked about family prayer. And how it really can change families and before the mission I was so blind to this. So I just want you to all go hug your family and have a family pray and then make it a daily thing. (I can’t speak in English so sorry if this doesn´t make sense)

But this week really was so good. I´ve been thinking a lot about doubts and how rapidly they can drive people away. I was reading a talk this week and it stated that the first thing people tend to do with their doubts is rebel. Is leave all that they have ever learned and walk away. And leave it at that. But how stupid is that? Before this life we decided to come here. We decided to have these obstacles and these tests. We knew what was instore. We knew that we would have these doubts. And this week I really came to recognize that it is good to have doubts. It’s the way we can learn and grow if we act on these doubts with faith. You would think that every missionary has this tip top testimony never failing. Buttttt that is a big juicy lie. Especially when people are telling you your beliefs are wrong every single day for a year and a half.

Jacob 6: 6 Yea, today, if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts; for why will ye die?

Ephisians 4:17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,
 18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:
 19 Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.
 20 But ye have not so learned Christ;

The only way that we will be driven away from this beloved message is when we have not truly learned of Christ. When we decide to walk in the ways of men and let our doubts over come our faith. When we let go of all the amazing experiences and revelations for this split second of doubt. So today I would like to invite ya to really come to know Christ. Because when we truly learn of him and realize this perfect plan we have in store for us was solely made out of the love and the desires he has for our success and happiness in this life we can overcome these doubts. ”For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:” If we don´t use this sacred light that we have we will lose it. So go say a family prayer and tell your mom you love her and buy her some flowers this Saturday. And go on splits with the missionaries and tell someone about your beliefs and pick up some trash and rake some leaves for a neighbor and jajajja

And go eat some Café Rio for me because I miss it so much.

I love you and I miss the mountains so all go skiing and hiking and rock climbing for me.

XOXOXOXO
Hermana Jarvis
 

No comments:

Post a Comment