Monday, February 13, 2017

De guatamala a guatapeor

That is my new phrase as of lately. Well I love my mini misionera to death. She is the sweetest thing in the whole world. And she already has her misión call to Buenos Aires, Norte. And she is in LA LUCHA right now because when she gets home from the mini misión she will only have 20 days with her family and then she leaves. And she is now thinking that its not enough time and might go home to spend more time with her fam before the mision. And I´m pretty sad to be honest because she is probably one of the best companions that I have had. And we work so hard and well together. And I love teaching her how to be a missionary. But I know that God has a purpose for everything so everything will work out well.

So we are working with this stellar man named Cesar. And I don´t know if I already talked about him but he is just the greatest. There is this Street in our Area and one day we knocked every door on the Street besides his because… really, they just looked to rich and happy to listen to us. Jajaja, But as everyone on the Street had rejected us we decided to “take the road less traveled” jaja and talk to them. And to our suprise they listened to us! And invited us to lunch and when we went over for lunch they made us the yummiest stake (or steak? No sé) and a huge lunch and we talked to them about the Restauración and this perfect plan. And they mas o menos accepted what we had to say. And they kind of told us that they would go to church on Sunday but not really sure about it. And on Sunday Cesar showed up! And he has gone to church every single Sunday since! And he wants to be baptized and he is quiting smoking and he is just my bestie old man friend. Jajaj I love him so much. So you can pray for him.

And this week we have been watching the Gordon B. Hinkley movie and WOW. #tears its literally the sweetest thing I have ever seen. And it really makes me so grateful to have the knowledge of prophets and this power of God on the Earth today. It just really got me thinking how grateful I am to be here. And how I have found true happiness. That I have learned only comes from sharing the góspel and truly “forgetting myself and going to work”. In these past 16 months I have learned more than in the past 10 years of my life. I have truly come to love my Savior and recognise how important he is in my life. And that with out him I am nothing.

1 John 1:6” If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
  7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
  8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
  9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”

Our Savior is so merciful and so loving, and he really just cares so much for us. And  its so easy to have doubts and to put up barriers and to have fears and to block him out of our lives. And to think that we can do thing whole life thing on our own. But life is so much EASIER if we can just give ourselves to him. If we can just use his perfect atonement in our lives and realize how imperfect we truly are, we can become perfected in him.

I love the mission. And please pray for Cesar and Ariel. because ya know they need some prayers from good ol Utah. jajaj

okay bye
Chaucitos

No comments:

Post a Comment