Monday, November 28, 2016

Not so in love wit da coca

Well I am sitting here in this little cyber with a man next to me chewing his coca and it smells just so great jajajja.

But this week was just so jazzy. We worked so dang hard and my legs hurt so dang bad but we saw so many miracles so im just a happy, sore lil Hermana. There are really so many blessings we see every single day and so many amazing people that we meet and so many stories to tell.

Anahí is literally in love with the gospel. When we walked into her work the other day we caught her praying alone #presh and then we started talking to her and we noticed that she had a stack of invitations to the church all set out for her customers. And when we passed by to visit her at her house she was practicing how to give a talk in church. Jaja I literally love her so much. I feel like I have always known her. And something inside me tells me that I have already met her in a different time.

And I just love my companion to death. She is the cutest thing and I feel like our time together is flying by so flippin fast and it makes me want to cry. She has learned so much, so fast. I literally feel like she is my child and a babysitter is going to come in three weeks and replace me jajaja. #lagrimas I don´t think I have ever laughed so hard and been so happy in my mission until she came. I love new missionaries to say the least.

If there is anything that stuck out to me today its how powerful the book of Mormon really is and how much I have come to find it my biggest treasure. How powerful and healing it really is. I know without a doubt in my mind that these really are the words of God and they can shape us into who we were designed to become. And that we have them “to gather out the elect” (Moses 7:62) from their sorrows and their achings from these temptations of the world and help them to really come to know our Savior Jesus Christ.

I love this story from Thomas S. Monson:
“One of my best friends during those carefree days in the canyon was Danny Larsen, whose family also owned a cabin at Vivian Park. Each day he and I roamed this boy’s paradise, fishing in the stream and the river, collecting rocks and other treasures, hiking, climbing, and simply enjoying each minute of each hour of each day.
“One morning Danny and I decided we wanted to have a campfire that evening with all our canyon friends. We just needed to clear an area in a nearby field where we could all gather. The June grass which covered the field had become dry and prickly, making the field unsuitable for our purposes. We began to pull at the tall grass, planning to clear a large, circular area. We tugged and yanked with all our might, but all we could get were small handfuls of the stubborn weeds. We knew this task would take the entire day, and already our energy and enthusiasm were waning.
And then what I thought was the perfect solution came into my eight-year-old mind. I said to Danny, “All we need is to set these weeds on fire. We’ll just burn a circle in the weeds!” He readily agreed, and I ran to our cabin to get a few matches.
Lest any of you think that at the tender age of eight we were permitted to use matches, I want to make it clear that both Danny and I were forbidden to use them without adult supervision. Both of us had been warned repeatedly of the dangers of fire. However, I knew where my family kept the matches, and we needed to clear that field. Without so much as a second thought, I ran to our cabin and grabbed a few matchsticks, making certain no one was watching. I hid them quickly in one of my pockets.
Back to Danny I ran, excited that in my pocket I had the solution to our problem. I recall thinking that the fire would burn only as far as we wanted and then would somehow magically extinguish itself.
I struck a match on a rock and set the parched June grass ablaze. It ignited as though it had been drenched in gasoline. At first Danny and I were thrilled as we watched the weeds disappear, but it soon became apparent that the fire was not about to go out on its own. We panicked as we realized there was nothing we could do to stop it. The menacing flames began to follow the wild grass up the mountainside, endangering the pine trees and everything else in their path.”
And just like his parents had warned him, our loving heavenly father has warned us and continues to warn us through his prophets and through his perfect writings. Through the Book that is the most correct and the most direct.
“he did deliver them because they did humble themselves before him; and because they cried mightily unto him he did deliver them out of bondage; and thus doth the Lord work with his power in all cases among the children of men, extending the arm of mercy towards them that put their trust in him. (Alma 29:20)”

I know that if we can put our trust in these sweet words that come from a loving heavenly father we can feel a joy and a love that we cannot receive from the world. No matter what we have done, or who we think we have become or how far from him we may feel his loving arms are extended out and he will always be patiently waiting to receive us if we simply put our trust in Him.

I love the mission.

XOXOXO

Hna j a r v i s
 
DAAA Crew

14 months bb

No comments:

Post a Comment