Sunday, April 10, 2016

Where is my kiss rubia?

Hello family and those faithful people that still read my blog after 6 months.

This week I got chased down by some chico on a motorcycle. First we just casually walked by him and of course I said hello because we say hello to everyone. But then he started yelling at me asking “where is my kiss?” and then we started walking really fast and all the sudden I hear a motorcycle starting up and before I knew it he was coming at me asking me to kiss  him! But don´t you worry I pulled super missionary on him and explain why I am not going to kiss him and then ran away very fast.  So that was probably the highlight of my week. Welcome to the men here in Argentina.

But we had conference and it was the best of course. I loved every talk and I just loved to hear the sweet and simple message from our beloved prophet! During the time between conferences we watch the documentary on the life of Thomas S. Monson. AND WOW. I just love how much he loves. Something that I just think is so amazing about him is how is always looking out for those that can do nothing in return. He is always doing things for the recognition of our Savior and not for the recognition of men. And that’s why he is so great. So my advice for today is: strive to be like him.

This week I have been thinking a lot about how  I need to apply this in my own life. Because really it´s so easy to think about what others are thinking, what others want me to do, what others want me to be. But these thoughts are so dumb. Because they are of the natural man. I remember my first weeks in Argentina I would say “hola” to everyone and I would try to talk to everyone I could and the other Hermanas would laugh at me and I felt so so so dumb. And then I got with my new companion and she hates talking to people in the street and it is so not fun to talk to people alone. And so I started keeping to myself. And I was so sad and not the Hermana Jarvis I was sent here to be. So I started talking to everyone again and still I am often talking to these people alone and in a language that I don´t fully know but and probably don´t make sense half of the time but I am so much happier talking to these people, sharing this amazing message and obeying a commandment of the lord to open my mouth with everyone than keeping my mouth shut from the fear of what others will say or what others will think. And I am so much happier and have so much more confidence. “as I said in a former commandment, even so will I fulfil—I will fight your battles.” The Lord doesn´t command us to do anything that we don´t have the capability to do. He is with us every single step of the way. Even when we may not feel so. And I know that he is fighting our every battle.

 2 Cor. 5:15 “And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.”

He suffered for us so that we don´t have to do it alone. But we also have to do our part to experience the blessings of his suffering. We have to overcome our fears. We have to overcome the thoughts from the natural man and really think of how our Savior would feel about our decisions not about how our pears would think of our decisions. I know without a doubt in my mind when we give our all to the Lord we will receive the strength we need to fulfil this amazing plan he has in store for us. And I don´t have a lot of time so remember who you are and to enjoy talking in English and eating American food. I LOVE YOU

XOXOXOXOX

Hermananananna Jarvis



No comments:

Post a Comment