Monday, April 11, 2016

Se cayó su bosillo

Well this week I was minding my own business casually walking down the street and within the blink of an eye I was in the middle of the street with scrapes and bruises from head to toe! Hahaha Literally scariest moment. Some guy on a motorcycle went to grab my bag and dragged me a cross the street behind his motorcycle. But thanks to my sturdy Patagonia bag he didn´t have the strength to take the bag because it was strapped across my chest(if that makes sense). Just the strength to fling me into the air and to drag me across the street. So now I have a fear of every single motorcycle and man here in Argentina hahaha. And I can´t move my body without shedding a tear. But really I am so grateful that he didn´t take my bag and I am not in a worse condition. Really it’s a miracle.

But this week is my last week with Hermana Quiceno and the last week for her in the mission. So crazy. Time fliezzzz. I am excited to have a fresh new start. This week was just kinda blah. This transfer has just been kind of blah. So I am so excited to just start new. And I am praying with all of my lil heart that my new companion is really dedicated to the work. So that we can create some MILAGROS here in Argentina. (you can pray too and I won´t be mad)

I have been thinking lots about my calling. Not only my call as a missionary but my call here on earth.  And as I was reading in James 4:13-17 “ Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain: Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.” And I just thought wow. I really am nothing. My time here on earth is just but a vapour. Before I know it this little time I have herein the mission will vanish. Am I really going to continue in these habits of tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow? We have been sent here to take part in this perfect plan of God. We have been given everything we need to complete this plan. And we have a guide with us every step of the way. 17: “Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.” We are so blessed to have the knowledge we have in this life. This game plan that has already been written out plain and simple for us so that we can experience this unexplainable joy. And all we have to do is rejoice and do GOOD. Really there is no better plan. There is no other way that we can experience this unexplainable joy. There is no excuse from holding back from this “game plan” that has been perfectly written out for us. So I encourage you to stop looking in the wrong direction for this happiness and to say chau to your excuses and really submit yourself to the will of the Lord. And start TODAY. “And soon enough you will have the success you seek”.

I know it to be tru. I love the church. I don´t love men on motorcycles. I love sturdy Patagonia bags. And I hope that you are all happy and remembering who you are and what our purpose really is here in this life. And to be happy. And to do something nice for your best friend.

XOXOXOXO

Hermana J love babay




1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! You really DID get dragged! Hopefully HF has that guy in His sights for doing this-karma!! Glad you weren't hurt and that your bag was stronger than him! Love ya! <3

    ReplyDelete