Friday, April 1, 2016

I am just so happy to be writing in English

Hola!

I am just so happy to be writing in English because I can express myself perfectly but at the same time it’s really hard to remember all the words. I don´t remember English and I don´t know every word in Spanish so pretty much my life is a blur of Spanglish. But la vida is good. I hope you all had the best Easter. It was definitely the most beautiful Easter here in Argentina. The members here are so amazing. They seriously blow my mind. Almost every single one of them is a convert and have the STRONGEST testimonies. I literally cry through all three meetings every Sunday because the spirit is so strong. And also because I can actually understand what people are saying jajaja. But really the members here blow my mind. I have always had the greatest love for a member here named Vinina, and she´s 17. And she all of the sudden stopped coming to church and I had no idea why. I thought maybe she just didn´t want to wake up early or something cause ya know, teenagers. And this week I learned that she had to quit school and stop coming to church because she is working all day everyday cutting apart chickens so that she can earn enough to support her family of 6. Literally the saddest news of my life. And now she’s not going to graduate high school. And we went and visited her before work on Saturday and she is just still this little ray of sunshine. She just acts like nothing is wrong. And that’s how all the members here are. They have SO MANY problems, like don´t even have enough money to have food on the table every night but they act like they are the richest happiest humans. Because they have the gospel and their families. Awhhhh my heart. I love them so much. Oh another thing that is so sad to me is that a whole family of 8 people here will sleep in the same room with like 3 really old beds pushed together. This is in almost every house. Count your many blessings I tell ya. 

This week was difficult to be honest. So many people turned us down. Patricia told us that she wants to stop going to church and participating in these type of these AGAIN. But she told me that she knows this church is true. So I’m just in a funk. And for our last lesson with her we sang “God Be With You Till We Meet Again” hahhaha. But I think she is just sad because her family doesn’t want to accept the gospel. Because she told me she is still reading the Book of Mormon every single day and praying and she knows it’s true. Butttttt the most difficult times always have the best results so I have faith that things will get better. I read a talk this week that I really love more than words can describe. Bread and Stones: Its Understanding the God We Pray by Micheal Wilcox. I think. I recommend it to everyone and everyone. It talks about how God wants to teach us. Not only help us in every opportunity. Because that’s the reason we are here on the Earth. To learn and to progress. This week was so hard. And I just kept praying like “HELLO” help a sista out here! And I was getting so frustrated and so impatient. And I feel like God gives me a theme in my studies every week. Like everything I read one week will be about the Atonement, and other week about Service and this week Patience with our afflictions. And I really just came to realize more than ever that God wants us to learn. He wants us to have these tests for the benefit of ourselves. I learned that I needed to stop pleading for God to make a change in my life. To pull me out of this situation. I learned that I needed to make the most of the situation I am in and think of every single way I can learn from these difficult times. Because in this moment we may feel like this is not what we need.

“Now God tends to do everything backwards; we worship a backwards God, in a sense. I say, “Lord, help me understand and then I can believe.” But in the scriptures, the Lord says, “No, believe and then you will understand.” I say that’s backwards, and He says, “No, you have it backwards.” So here the Lord says, “Be comforted, rejoice, give thanks, then I’ll answer your prayers.” And I say, “Lord, answer my prayers, and then I’ll be comforted, rejoice, and give thanks.” That is backwards.”

What I have come to know more than ever in the mission is that God knows me better than I will ever know myself. These things sometimes seem so backwards and SO out of place in our life’s. But when we can truly realize that Gods plan is greater than our plan will ever be we can suffer these trials with patience until this plan really comes into play and we are at a level we never even dreamed of. And we can handle things we never dreamed of. Like it says in Mosiah 15:7 This perfect plan that God has instore for us can truly fall into place when we are “being swallowed up in the will of the Father.” I know it to be true. Gods ways will always always enfasis on the always be greater than our ways. Gracias por su tiempo



6 months in the mission woot to the woot

My loves
 
 Working out or hardly working
 
All of my children will have this shirt in 10 different colors sorry if you cant understand jajaja
(When I grow up I want be like me Dad, so beautiful girls like my Mom look at me)

No comments:

Post a Comment