Monday, February 22, 2016

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ZACHARY HUNTER JARVIS AND MI MAMA.

Well I forgot my camera and i am so sad. Because I have so many pics I need ta send. But ya know I still have like 35343434 more P-days hahaha. Oh side note: This week imma hit 5 months in the mission! Time is FLYING by. It makes me a little sad. I can´t even imagine my life not being a missionary. Like actually having time to do things and sleeping in every day and talking to the male gender and watching movies and….. I don´t even remember what else normal people do hahaha. It doesn´t even seem real that people have normal lives. Like what….

This week was a MIRACLE. Because our little thing to wash our clothes isn´t working so I have been literally washing my clothes with me in the shower (FREEZING cold shower because hot water doesn´t exist in our apartment) every morning hahahha and it has been such a struggle because it takes so much time. And I never ever have clean clothes. Like ask me if I wore the same dress three days in a row this week… hahaha NO SHAME. But the miracle is that lil Hermana Vega (a member here in Santiago) said that she will wash all of our clothes every week! She said “okay you guys can bring your clothes over 3 times a week and I will was them” hahaha 3 times? What haha. But to sum it up my clothes haven´t been this clean in five months. So I am on cloud 9. And I am so grateful for members and washing machines. 

This week we had 11 people commit to come to church and not one came. Welcome to the mission.. haha literally so sad. But ya know. It´s a learning experience I guess. We have this booommmb dot com fam and they are so interested in the church and the mom cry’s almost every time we come because she’s so happy and then they have an excuse every Sunday as to why they can´t come to church. It breaks my little heart. But I have faith they will have a lil change of heart sometime soon. It´s so crazy the love you develop for people in the mission. But so great. I finally am at the point where I don´t feel like im in a completely different world. Other than the fact that people stare at me like im an alien because im the only white blonde girl in this city. Haha but other than that Argentina has really become my home. I love it more than words can describe. Awhhh I just love it. The mission is so good. It´s so hard for me to type in English right now hahaha. So sorry if this doesn´t even make sense.

But this week I was a little sad. Because we will teach this BOMB lesson and feel the spirit so very strongly and the people are so happy and then boom they never want to talk to us again. Like it really breaks my heart. But I was reading a talk from David A Bednar and I came across this part “ultimately, however, the content of a message and the witness of the Holy Ghost penetrate into the heart only if a receiver allows them to enter”. Sometimes we can do everything in our power to help others understand our message but ultimately they have to except it. But this is the same for us. God can do everything in his power to help us, to guide us, to where we need to go and what we need to do in this life but if our hearts aren´t open to change and ready to listen to that still small voice we won´t receive it. There is a sold door in between us and our Heavenly Father. And we have the power to open this door or keep it closed. When we open this door we are filled with a special light. But when we are prideful and keep this door shut God is not going to barge through this door. He´s not going to shove himself into our lives. He will just be patiently waiting until we open this door and so that he can put into play this perfect plan he has in store for us. It´s literally as simple as that.

So open this door and never shut it again. And you will never regret it. I know it to be truuuuu. But yeah I really love the mish. I am learning so much. And changing in ways I never thought possible. be tru to ur self and pray always. And remember who you are and to return with honor and eat your veggies and forget yourself and do something nice for your mom. Chau chau

XOXOXO

Hermana J love

No comments:

Post a Comment