Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Valentines Day

HOLLLLLA. Mi nombre es Hermana Jarvis. And this Valentines Day I made heart shaped veggie patties, watched parts of 17 miracles and bawled my eyes out, kissed probably 30 old argentina ladies on the cheek and made banana pancakes. And yourself?

Hahahaha okay I just want to share with you all a little bit about my best friend here in Santiago. Her name is Maria. She is a recent convert of close to one year. She has 6 toes. One of the heels of her feet is completely black and might have to get amputated and she is still the most grateful little human in the world. I love her with all of my little heart. We also have another Maria that is a recent convert who has epilepsy. She lives alone in a one bedroom house. Not even a house. Pretty much a shack. And she has 3 kids but can´t live with them because of her epilepsy. She is also the cutest little human and she just lives with her dog and reads the Book of Mormon while she drinks mate all day and she is so happy and grateful for the life she lives. The people here are so humble it KILLS me. Like wow. Count your many blessings. These people literally have nothing but they act as if they have everything. They inspire me every single day.

Also this area has 600 yes 600 member and 60 (if we´re lucky) are active in the church. It´s the saddest thing. For sure a work in progress. But I am determinded to make a change. And this week one more family came back to church! And I cannot even tell ya the joy in my soul when I saw that sweet fam walked through the chapel doors.

In the mission I have really  come to recognize the importance of prayer. And how special it really is. How special this two way communication we have with God really is. LIKE SO KOOL. If ya think about it. I have always loved loved loved this quote by Gordan B. Hinkley:
 “The trouble with most of our prayers is that we give them as if we were picking up the telephone and ordering groceries—we place our order and hang up. We need to meditate, contemplate, think of what we are praying about and for and then speak to the Lord as one man speaketh to another.”

God is our best friend. He knows us inside and out. He knows our deepest secrets and our every thoughts. He can help us with whatever we need. We need to gratify our prayers and really recognize the significance of them because he is always always working on our prayers.

D&C 98:1-3
1 Verily I say unto you my friends, fear not, let your hearts be comforted; yea, rejoice evermore, and in everything give thanks;
2 Waiting patiently on the Lord, for your prayers have entered into the ears of the Lord of Sabaoth, and are recorded with this seal and testament—the Lord hath sworn and decreed that they shall be granted.
3 Therefore, he giveth this promise unto you, with an immutable covenant that they shall be fulfilled; and all things wherewith you have been afflicted shall work together for your good, and to my name’s glory, saith the Lord.

I know that he truly hears every childs prayer and he is constantly working on them. He is with us every step of the way on our journey and we need to take advantage of our time we have to speak with him. I love the mission with todo mi Corazon. Literally has changed my life. It´s hard but its so good. Like so good good good. I love Argentina with all of my heart. Best mission en EL MUNDO. But I really hope you all had a great Valentines day and held hands and told each other you love each other while I was making banana pancakes.... alone… hahahhaa

Peace and Blessinnnns. Remember who you are and what you stand for. And to shower everyday. And eat your veggies.

XOXO

Hermana J didster

(Also if you have some good ideas for family home evening SEND THEM MY WAY por favor!)

me with my cute heart shaped Valentines Day veggie patty
 
My precious Maria
 
My toilet paper this week has dogs on it hahaha

This is the most normal thing in Argentina. For a 6 year old kid to be handling this poor little horse going like 50 miles per hour on these sketchy dirt rodes.. hahahah

No comments:

Post a Comment