Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Hola Rubia, Chau!

My life consists of creepy old men yelling te amo blonde girl, bye and walking in 130 degree weather. And I wouldn´t have it any other way. Hahaha also someone this week asked me why I was speaking in Chinese so that pretty much sums us my life hahaha. Also my companion and I are very different people. But its good. I am learning a lot.

This week I really came to recognise the power of trust. Trust in the Lord Jesus Chirst. And how important it is to follow every prompting. Something that has become so clear to me in the mission is that Heavenly Father truly knows me better than I know myself. Because, he created me. He knows every little detail about me. He knows what I need and what I don´t. I´ve recieved super strong promptings in the mission that I really just don´t understand. Every day. And I was fasting this past Sunday I had a prayer in my heart that I could find what I could change in my life to have the spirit more so with me in this time. And I was fasting the same things kept popping up in my head. Things that I really don´t have the desire to change about myself. But then as I was studying in my personal study I came across this scripture in

Isaiah 55:8-9
 8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.
 9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

And I just had the most overwhelming feeling. A lot of time we ask questions and then regret it when we recieve the anwser. Because it´s not our picture perfect answer. It´s not what we had in mind.

Jacob 4:13: for the Spirit speaketh the truth and lieth not. Wherefore, it speaketh ofthings as they really are, and of things as they really willbe; wherefore, these things are manifested unto us plainly,for the salvation of our souls.

But the spririt speaketh the truth. It does not lie. Heavenly Father created us. He created a plan for each and everyone of us. As I have been fighting these promptings of changing things I don´t see the point of changing the words íf the savior stood beside me would I do the things I do?´came to my head. And I just had the thought in my head that if the Lord came and directly told me to change these things would I do it? Of course I would. And I know that the Savior is beside me. And that he knows everything about me and everything I need to do and when he gives us these sacred promptings we need to follow them. Because all he wants is to bless us beyond measure. But we have to do our part also. I incourage you to really think this week, íf the Savior stood beside me would I do the things I do?´

XOXOXOXO

Hermana Jarvis

District Pic

No comments:

Post a Comment