Monday, November 30, 2015

QUE PASA

Hollllla 
 
Fun Fact: Like all the missions everywhere wake up at 6:30 and go to bed at 10:30 but here we wake up at 7 and go to bed at 11 because everyone in Argentina does this thing where they decide to sleep from 2 in the after noon until 5:30 hahahaha. It`s called !SIESTA¡ Lazy peeps. 
 
Today we went on a hike with our whole zone and it literally took allll dayyyy long hahaha and P-day ends in an hour. But was so sweet! It reminded me of home so much. I miss hiking everyday! You don`t realize what ya got till it`s gone! hahaha. 
 
But this week was Thanksgiving ya knowww and it was so good. I was a trillion times more grateful without technology distracting me. Like wow. I decided to write 100 things I am grateful for in my journal and I was like wow I could literally write all day! 
 
I can not even express to you the happiness I feel everyday. Being a missionary has helped me realize so much and has made me feel oooooohh so grateful for the life I have been blessed with! Like I have never cried so many happy tears! This week I decided to stop focusing on numbers because it has been making my heart a little sad. I decided to focus on the reason I am here, to help others come closer to Christ and know that they are not alone. I don`t have the strongest comprehension of the history in the church or of all the stories or completely without a doubt know all things are true but one thing I do know is for sure is that God loves his children. Not a doubt in my mind. And what I came to find this week  is that it`s okay to not know all things because I just got here! But it`s important to focus on the things I do know. So as I changed my focus my aditude changed and this week was amazing. We had two investigators show up to church and I can`t even express to you how I felt. Just know there were many many happy tears hahaha. We had a Family Home Evening activity on Sunday and wow. I love this gospel with allllll of my heart. Just all of these random random people came together, all of these people that have gone through the hardest things maybe 20 or so from the WHOLE ward. I am for sure not in Utah anymore hahaha. But as we all came together and sang songs and did the activities there was such a strong peace felt in that room. And when it was over and everyone was talking in Spanish and I couldn`t really understand what anyone was saying, so I was just sitting there watching everyone thinking of how very very grateful I am to be here and all the sudden I hear an English song and all I rememeber it saying was `This is where I belong`and I just felt the spirit so so so stong. Like wow. I know it`s soooo cheesy cheesy lemmon sqeezy but my heart was so full. I know I say this every week but the joy I have felt in these past two months is unlike any other. 
 
Also today I was reading in True to the Faith and I came across a scripture that said something like "and after much tribulations comes the blessings" and wow I know that with out a doubt in my mind this is true. I have experience a lot of things here in the mission and a lot of things before my mission that I truly doubted would ever come to an end. But I know that through putting all of my trust in God and going forward with faith and not fear the Lord has truly been with me every single step of the way and I am seeing those blessings come to life as I look for them and put forth the effort to see them every single day.  
 
I hope everyone is happy and being good and not doing drugs. 
 
Count your blessings not your problems!
 
And remember that I love you all dearly.
 
XOXOXOXO
 
Hermana Jar Jar


 

No comments:

Post a Comment