Monday, November 23, 2015

2 MONTHS IN THE MISSION

Hermana Urzua and Hermana Jarvis

Hola!

This week was awesome! I love the mission to say the least. It can be so hard but I know that the savior is with me every single step of the way and that makes it all worth it. Like I said it´s so hard but so rewarding. The good definently out weighs the bad.

Okay so this week I asked someone if they drink thinking I was saying did you make that hahahaha and then when I was at the grocery store I thought I was asking someone if I could buy something and I asked them if I could hit them... sooooo hahahahha. Also, my companion is brazilian but she looks white so everyone thinks we are just two white girls randomly here and they cat call us like no bodies buisness. And they make this awful kissy sound and then they say CHE which is what people here say to dogs to get away. Something so funny that I see everyday is everyone here has FAKE addidas and nike hahahah EVERYONE. It is so funny. Like the poorest of poor people. And they all have shirts with english writing and they have no idea what it says. So like girls with shirts that say "I love being single" as they are holding their boyfriends hand walking down the street haha. And sometimes the sayings in english don`t even make sense.

Well anyways! My FAVORITE holiday is this Thursday and I am so jealous of those that get to spend it with their loved ones eating american food. Like SO JEALOUS. But imma make some corn on the cob and cook some pumkin and eat some chicken and pretend it`s turkey and tell my companion 500 things I am grateful for hahaha. But on the real I am so grateful to be where I am even if it means missing out on one of the best holidays and seeing the people I love. ;( lol

This week was so good with investigators I was sp pumped because we had THREE whole families commit to coming to church. But none of them showed up yesterday and it really put some saddness in my soul. But I know that God is in control and everything will work out.

One of my favorite quotes is from Spencer W. Kimball `Become perfect a little at a time`

Become Perfect a Little at a Time
President Spencer W. Kimball

Becoming perfect is an individual matter. You cannot be perfect for me, and I cannot be perfect for you. Each person must develop his own personality. Often we hear people say, "Oh, nobody can be perfect." Often we have heard that only one person is perfect, and that is the Lord. Perhaps that is true, but I have seen many people that I think were very, very near to perfection. I think that each of us can become very near perfect if we analyze our own lives and take our weaknesses one by one and overcome them one at a time until we have cleansed our lives. It is not impossible to pay a perfect tithing. One can be perfect if he pays 10 percent of all he earns. One can be nearly perfect in his fast offerings if he remembers the law and subscribes to it. One can attend his meetings with near perfection. One can teach his children with near perfection. One can live his life clean and free from immorality, and that could be perfection. And so we go down the line. We can become perfect, and we have been commanded to become perfect. And so we do one thing at a time.
(President Spencer W. Kimball, Area Conference, Costa Rica, Feb. 1977)

It`s my fav because so often we hear that we need to become perfect as is our savior but what we don`t realize is that it is the little steps in becoming perfect it`s becoming perfect one step at a time. I love that because everyday I get so stressed because I know I need to improve but I can`t wrap my mind around how or where to start. But we just need to start with the simple little things and with Gods help we may accomplish anything. And truly become the people he needs us to be. To go along with that one of my fav scrips of the week is Alma 37:36-37

Alma 37
 
 36 Yea, and cry unto God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord; yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.

 37 Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.

ALL WE HAVE TO DO is go to the Lord in prayer and he can help us in all things. Like I have been having with sleeping because the when we go to sleep and night it literally feels like a nap. So I decided to pray to feel more rested everyday and now I feel amazing every morning! hahaha even the silly things like that God cares about. The mission is truly the most amazing thing I have ever experienced and I love it with all of my heart. I already am dreading leaving this area in like 2 months haha. I hope you are all doing good things and eating your veggies. Veggies are literally my life here because it`s one of the only things I can eat hahaha but my love for them is like wow. strong hhahahaa.

K bye. Count your many blessing because you have a trillion. Focus on the good. Cause errythang is good in dah hood. Okay hahaha bye

LOVE YOU ALLL AND I PRAY FOR YA
CTR wwjd
Con Amor,
Hermana Harvis

Side Note: I got hives on mah face this week hahahaha IDK what from but ya know





1 comment:

  1. Great words Jenna!

    Love reading your updates, it's so interesting to follow along with you and live vicariously through you.

    Keep up the good work, love uncle Steve

    ReplyDelete