Monday, November 16, 2015

Hi Hello Hola Que Pasa

Hello hello hello,

this week was great! A lot of things went on! But first off I need to tell you that I am in Tafi Veijo and my companions name is Alice Urzua. I somehow forgot to mention that last email hahaha. Maybe just a little too excited.



This week we got to here from Elder Cook and his wife! And a couple other people but idk their names hahaha. It was so amazing! He told us that he knows God´s face and he knows his voice. The spirit felt in that room was undescribable. It just increased my testimony that much more. I love when the apostles get up and talk about their sweetheart. It makes me so happy. He spoke a lot about being ourselves and not being shy when it comes to sharing this wonderful message because we a literally the instruments in Gods hands.

I am so so so lucky to have the oppurtunity to serve and I realize this more so everyday. I am so lucky to just set aside the real world and dedicate a year and a half to the Lord. I am just trying to better myself every single day because I know that if I am better than I was yesterday that´s all that matters. I am truly striving to change not only for these 18 months but to change my nature and become the person the Lord needs me to be for the rest of my life.

One of my favorite things we heard from Elder Cook is when he asked us to question ourselves: Will I feel comfortable making this excuse to my Father in Heaven?

Because everyday I find myself making dumb excuses for so many things but what I have learned this week is that after this life we will be judged for our acts and we will also be judged for all of our thoughts. So I have been trying to follow every single good prompting or thought that comes to my mind and not make excuses on why I can´t follow that prompting.

This week we got three people to commit to baptism. One of their names is Brian and he is the sweetest human in the whole world and as we were teaching him and his family about the Book of Mormon my heart just started beating so fast and the tears started FLOWING. But I can´t get accross my feelings in Spanish so they were all so confused and so scared hahahaha but the spirit was so strong I just couldn´t control it! Wow i´m tearing up writing about it. I know this gospel is the truest of true. AND I am so grateful to have this knowledge.

Okay so my companion has been really sick yesterday and today. So she has been laying in bed while I cator to all of her needs hahah. And as I was making her some soup I cut open my finger hahahha and this is right after my companion had just returned from the doctors and was like dying in bed. And then you have me with my finger that is gushing blood hahaha so then the other Hermanas that we live with finished the soup and brought me and my companion lunch in our beds hahaha. It was so funny I just hahaha.

Also just a side note, people feel no need and I mean NO NEED to stop their cars for you EVER so you don´t hear from me in the following weeks that may be why.

Sorry my emails are always all over the place but I just wanted to share something I learned today in my personal study while reading Making it Through the Middle by Emily Freeman. I learned that even through the hardest times of our lifes we have to be worthy to be a guide in someone elses life. Because sometimes in the darkest of times serving others is what saves us. Because as we lose ourselves in the service of our fellowmen, we find ourselves. (I can´t figure out how to do quotations on this spanish keyboard so sorry haha)  I have had so many many many people love and care for me all of my life. Even when they were going through very hard times and this is such an example to me of truly forgetting yourself and going to work. It´s charity, the pure love of Christ. I am so so grateful for all of those who have helped me get to where I am today so I am able to help others in the same way. Alma 36:3 addresses this perfectly.

Alma 36:And now, O my son Helaman, behold, thou art in thy youth, and therefore, I beseech of thee that thou wilt hear my words and learn of me; for I do know that whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day.

My favorite chapter this week is Jacob 2. GO READ IT. PONDER IT. LOVE IT. and also remember who you are and that God loves ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment