Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Went to the Bar this week

My companion and finished our studies super late one day like every other day because we have to study for four hours since i'm a newby and when we went out I had a feeling that we shouldn't go out. But I didn't know why so I just didn't do anything about it. And we went out and started contacting people my stomach was like BOOM and I literally saw my life flash before my eyes. hahaha jk but I thought my body was going to explode. Like I don't even know. So we started clapping outside of random houses (because knocking on doors here is not the norm) and then when they came outside I asked to use their bathroom because I felt so sick and like 3 people said no I am too busy I was like I AM GOING TO DIE. So we started walking home but by this point I could barely walk...(yay for being a girl) and we came across this bar on a corner and I asked the bar tender if I could use the bathroom hahhaa and she said yes and so yeah. I went to the bar this week.

Also while Hna Urzua and I were contacting last night we were deciding wether or not to go to this reference that was super far away because it was getting late so we decided to pray and after we prayed we were both like uhhh... not really feelin anything and then we turn around and there was this huge sign that said NO hahaha. It was super funny.

Okay the best part about this week other than the sweet spirit we feel everyday was PUMPKIN PIE ladies and gentlemen. One of the families in our area is seriously amazing and they LOVE us. Like they are the sweetest humans in the world. And their aniversery was on Thanksgiving and they both had to work and they felt so bad because they wanted to make me pumpkin pie on THEIR aniversery. like they are the sweetest. And the husband is the best cook ever. Anyways we had lunch with them this week and they made us pumpkin pie. Gluten free. And it was seriously the best thing I have ever had in my life. Like it's all I think about hahaha. But this family is such an answer to my prayers. I love them with my whole heart. They gave us a ride home after lunch and the little daughter was belting OH DARLING and it was the cutest thing ever. She doesn't even know english but she sang the whole song word for word and shes like 3. SO CUTE. They remind me of home because their family looks white and acts white hahahaha. In every blessing I have recieved I was told that I would connect well with the members and I did not feel that was true one bit until this week. They are what keeps me going. So I encourage YOU to reach out to the missionaries and give them a little lovin. Because they may seam so happy all the time but the mission is hard and we all need a little love.

So we had stake conference this week and I didn't understand one thing cause ya know, spanish. And so I read talks on talks. I read 'Finding Joy through Loving Service'by Elder M. Russell Ballard and it really opened my eyes to charity and helped me realize a lot of things I need to work on.

'Where charity exists, there is no room for gossip or unkind words' The first and most simple commandment is love the Lord thy God. Which ties perfectly with the second, love thy neighbor as thyself. 'Therefore all things whatso ever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law'' Matthew 7:12

 When we love the Lord with all of our hearts and all of our souls and all of our minds there is no room for negativity. There is no room for contention. It is just that simple. One of the hermanas we live with has been really rude to me for a lot of the time we have been here. and let me tell ya it's been hard. But this week I have realized that even when people treat us unfairly we still have to forget ourselves. We still have to strive to love one another and be the example. And truly let go of our pride. Because when we truly love our Lord Jesus Christ we love his children. ùnless we lose ourselves in service to others, there is little purpose to our own lives'

'that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him, as he is, that we may have this hope, that we may be purified even as he is pure.'

We need to humble ourselves before the lord and truly let go of contention and let go of our pride. Because when the time comes that we see our Savior again I want to be pure as he is pure. I want to be like my savior Jesus Christ and I know that there is no better time than today to start making the needed changes in my life.

My ponderizing scripture this week is D&C 108:7 'Therefore, strengthen your bretheren in all your conversations, in all of your prayers, in all of your exhortations, and in all of your doings.' So forget yourself and become perfected!

I love this work. Im like santa vaca I am so lucky to be where I am today. I love you all. Remember who you are and that you are kool.

XOXOXOXO

Hermana Jennnnnnnna Jarvis
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment