Monday, January 25, 2016

1 leg 32 bug bites

Well I can not even tell you the heartache I have felt these past two days. I LEFT MY HOME ALL OVER AGAIN. Like I thought leaving Utah was hard but wow. Leaving my first area is like nothing I have ever experienced. Everyone told me that my trainer would leave and that I would stay. So I didn´t tell anyone that I might be leaving. I didn´t even get to say goodbye to any families because I thought I was forsure staying and then the district leaders called and said ¨hermana Jarvis se va!¨ which pretty much means chau Hermana Jarvis. And then I packed up all of my stuff in less then 2 hours and chau Hermana Jarvis. I will never forget the amazing experiences I have had in Tafi Viejo and all the amazing people. That will forever, forever have my heart.

Being in the mission is so crazy. Like so many emotions I didn´t even know I could feel. But it´s so so so good. But wow so sad at the same time hahaha.

Well so I have a new companion, Hermana Quiceno.  She seams really great! And I am excited to get to know her. She is from Columbia. So thats pretty sweet. And she doesn´t speak english so now is my chance to really start learning this language and I am so excited. We are in Santiago del Estero. The only things I have heard about this area is that it is so hot. LIKE SO HOT. So hello to ugly missionary tan lines! hahha. I am actually really excited because in my other area we just started teaching this family because they were visiting some people from my ward in Tafi Viejo and they are from my new area! Such a small world. So cray cray. But I am way pumped to go find them again.
Side note: you would think I am kidding when I say that I have 32+ bug bites on ONE LEG. hahahha so sad. I might have had bed bugs. Who knows. hahah so gross. The mission is great. hahahha

The motto of the mission for me is to have Faith over Fear. Because really the mission is hard. And so many things are changing everyday. Like one day you are finally getting to the point that you and your companion work well together and then you recieve a call telling you that in 8 hours you are moving three hours away to another city with a companion that you have never met from half way across the country. It´s so scary to be honest. But I know that I am in the Lords hands and I just have to keep reminding myself this everyday. Because he knows all, he is the one that created me. He knows me. He knows what I need and where I need to be and the people I need to serve. Even if that means leaving all of the people I have came to love with all of my heart.

 2 Nephi 9:21 And he cometh into the world that he may save all men if they will hearken unto his voice; for behold, he suffereth the pains of all men, yea, the pains of every living creature,both men, women, and children, who belong to the family of Adam.

This is the coolest promise. I love this scripture. How cool is it that if we belong to the family of Adam we are covered. Jesus Christ has suffered our pains. All we need to do is hearken unto his voice. He came to save all men. So don´t think for a second that you are an exception to this. I know in my life I have thought how in the world could Jesus Christ know what I am going through right now. It just doesn´t seam right. But when I put my faith in God and had the desire to believe and to truly know. It came.

We had a member of the 70 come and speak to us this week and we also had a missionary broadcast. Luckiest week in the mission. haha but something said that I really loved, (to be honest I don´t know if they actually said this because I couldn´t understand all of the Spanish hahaha) but it was ïf we have the desire, he will provide us with the ability´ I love this so much. Because everyone goes through hard things. Everyone has doubts. Everyone has times when they think how in the world am I going to get through this. But when we take these trials and these doubts and we have a desire to change and the desire to be better, Heavenly Father provides us with the ability.

I am so grateful for the mission. Really it is the best thing. Hopefully I still love it after this 110 degree weather this week hahaha.

I RECIEVED TWO PACKAGES THIS WEEK. Best thing of my whole life. Like wow I have never treasured something more in my life. So muchas muchas gracias.

I love you all. Don´t do drugs. Remember who you.

XOXOXOXO
Hermana Jarvis

No comments:

Post a Comment