Monday, December 14, 2015

¿How many Argentinians can you fit on one Motorcycle?

Hola!

This week was good as usual haha.

We had a christmas party with the ward... It started at 7 and the bishop didn´t even show up until 8:30. The person in charge didn´t show up at all and no one even came until nine and then we had to return to our apartment at 9:30 hahahaha. FELIZ NAVIDAD. But it was still great. Nothing like a ward party in Utah. It actually really taught me a lot. It taught me to not leave it to other people to plan these types of things because I am here to change this ward and help these people not just sit back and go wit dah flow.

Also you probably never thought it was possible to fit 5 people on one motorcyle. Or to carry a mattress and two people on one motorcyle. Well im here to tell you its so possible hahaha. Like there will be two parents, and 4 kids on ONE MOTORCYLE. It brings joy to my life.

Also there are three things that have more value to me than I could have ever imagined in the mission. The Book of Mormon first off. I have never wanted to just sit down and read it for days on end in my entire life. Second prayers. I literally could pray all day long and still have more to say. Third, deoderant. I HAVE NEVER SWEAT MORE IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. hahahaha sorry if thats a little TMI but like wow. I haven´t even touched the blanket and sheets on my bed in who knows how long because I would die of this humid heart renching heat. But wow my skin is so moisturized hahaha.

I love the mission. Like I just can´t even express my love for the mission. Somedays I am literally counting the seconds until the day will be over because holy cow. But then when I see the tears in someones eyes when they realize that they aren´t alone or that they can be with their loved ones again makes it all worthwhile. Like wow. I am so dang lucky to be here.

I have never in my life been able to actually obtain my goals until the mission. It is truly the most unselfish-selffish thing you can do, (going on a mission). Like I can´t even image who I would be or what kind of friend or mother or wife or sister or I don´t even know without the mission. I have learned so much about myself and learned so many things I need to improve on. And It´s so much easier to improve on these things when I am emersing myself in the work of the Lord.

This week one of the best things I came across was Romans 8:18 ´for I reackon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed with in us´
Becuase man is this life hard sometimes. But through Jesus Christ and the atonement we can truly be healed. This has had the biggest play in the mission. Because satan is so real in the mission and so many negative thoughts and actions and thoughts of the past and ya de ya de ya come to mind and everyday and I have learned to simply just get on my knees and plead with my father in heaven for help and forgiveness and boom I start to feel better and feel the atonement of Jesus Christ truly take place in my life. He is our ADVOCATE. Don´t let the relationship or oppurtunity to use him in your life go to waste. And realized that the sufferings of this present time are nothing compared to the glory TO COME and that Heavenly Father is wit cha every step of the way.

I love this gospel and I love missionary work and I love zapallo(pumpkin) sidenote: I have eaten pumpkin everysingle day for the past three weeks. It is literally my life.

Anyways ya I love you all and miss ya dearly. Enjoy the snow and english christmas music and going to church and actually understanding people talk in the lessons and enjoy sleeping under your sheets and not dying of heat oh and also american food.

XOXOXOXO

Hermana Jarvis




Sweat is real


No comments:

Post a Comment