Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Un dia, 9 liters of Maté

Livin la vida loca I tell ya. This week I discovered a new love. Mate. Its this tea stuff that literally everyone and their dog drinks here. But they all drink it with like a whole half cup of sugar but if I did that I would probably die so I have only tried it a couple a times without sugar and it was gross. But this week I tried it with this fake sugar splendid stuff and before I knew it I had drank 9 liters hahaha and I cannot tell you how many times I woke up that night sprinting to the bathroom. But really it’s the best thing ever and I would just like to recommend it to the whole world.

Our investigators that are freaking bomb decided that they don´t want to talk to us anymore because we don´t worship Mary. Soooo that was a blow. But I have faith that we can explain things more clearly to them and help them recognize why we do and don´t do the things we do. But other than that this week was good! I don´t really remember much to tell you the truth haha. Today a man stopped me in the road and told me his name is Angel. And that he lives alone. And he is going to wait for me at the chapel. And so I walked away very fast.hahaha

But really this week was so good because I have really had this burden of believing in these things I preach everyday be lightened. Before the mission I remember always hearing people talk about how they know the church is true. How they know that José Smith was a true prophet and all of these things. But I’m like are you just saying that because everyone else is saying it or what? Even to start out the mission I didn´t know if these things were true without a doubt in my mind. I even hated sharing my testimony because I didn´t want to tell these people that “I know” these things are true when I didn´t. I really just wanted to serve a mission to help people know that they aren´t alone in this life. But these past couple of weeks have been so different. I have truly come to KNOW with a surety in my heart that this is the Church of Jesus Christ. That José Smith restored this gospel through the revelation and the Power of God. I honestly never thought that I would feel this way. But this belief that I have had for my entire life has truly turned into a knowledge.

“That's the way it is when Jesus Christ becomes a reality in your life. It isn't that He somehow makes you do things that you wouldn't do otherwise. Rather, you find yourself wanting to do what He would do and respond as He would respond in an effort to bring your life into harmony with His. And an interesting thing happens whenever you attempt to place your feet in Christ's footsteps. If you really concentrate on trying to walk the way He walked—loving, caring, serving, and obeying each step of the way—one day you'll look up and discover that His path has led you directly to the throne of God. For that is and ever has been His great purpose and mission: to lead us to our Heavenly Father so we can dwell with Him in His heavenly home.” M. Russell Ballard

A testimony is not something that will come with no effort. It´s not something we can just hope for. I have gained a testimony of this gospel through studying for 3 or 4 hours every single day, through dedicating my time to really find an answer, and through submitting my will to His will. I cannot even tell you the happiness in my soul. Because I made the attempt to find an answer. And I received one. I am so grateful for this gospel. I literally don´t know where I would be in life without it. I can honestly say that I know without a doubt in my mind that this is the true church of Jesus Christ. And I just want EVERYONE to experience this joy. I also really like this quote from Bednar(of course): “Testimony is a point of departure, it is not an ultimate destination.” When we receive these answers it is only the beginning.

Also I can not even tell you how excited I am for General Conference. I feel like a little kid who has a ticket to Disneyland. I am literally counting down the days. I literally sound like that annoying kid in seminary in 9th grade. jajajaja.

Okay I love you all and I just love life and I hope you do to. See ya later haters.

XCXOXOXOXO

Hermana J Diddy


Mi babes


Rain Rain rain baby rain


Drugs in the Area or no?¿

No comments:

Post a Comment