Wednesday, October 14, 2015

loco en la cabeza

Hermanas Calel, Jarvis, Connolly, Clyd???, Bower, Hulme
 
Hello, it's weird emailing every week here because it's pretty much all the same. Wake up, eat, study, eat, study, workout, eat, study, sleep, REPEAT. hahaha legit though. That is MY LIFE. But I love it so much. The highlight of my week was that I got a fake spider in a package and  And so in the middle of class I threw it out onto the floor in the middle of the room and turns out one of the elders in my district (the funniest one) is terrified of spiders and he started crying. Wow that sounds so mean. But it was really funny because its a 19 year old boy crying about a spider. And don't worry it was a short cry. And I gave him some cookies cause I felt so bad. It's obviously hard to keep yourself entertained here hahaha. Our next plan with the fake spider is to slide it down the floor under the showers in the morning and freak everybody out hahahhaa. But I see so many familiar faces everyday! I love it. And I love seeing the new missionaries coming in. They are just GLOWING. It's so nice to let go of the world for a whole 18 months. You quickly realize what is truly important. I am trying to make the most of my time here and there is so so much to do. So if you have written me a letter just know that I am working on replying. One of the girls in my room went home this week! She was the cutest Hermana but she really wanted to get married so ya know. I'm actually a little jealous sometimes, especially when my investigators never laugh at my jokes or keep commitments hahaha but it's okay. We had Richard I. Heaton come and talk to us this past week for our Tuesday devotional and he was so inspiring! The best part about the MTC is the devotionals. He talked about how important it is to just rely on the Lord. Because all good come from the Lord. We are only the tools he uses to get the job done. I want to dedicate everything I have to helping people come unto Christ and know that they are not alone. I want to dedicate not only 18 months, but the rest of my life. One of my favorite favorite things ever is that when Jesus Christ was dying on the cross his last words were "Forgive these people for they know not what they do". While preaching to the people that he will help them. LIKE HOLY WOW. That just gives me the chills. He dedicated his entire life to serving others. I wish I would have put more thought into this gospel when I was home and not thought so much about my self because the more and more I study the more I appreciate this gospel and realize how life changing it truly is. And how lucky I am to have grown up in it! Don't take it for granted peeps.

I GAVE A TALK IN CHURCH and we are supposed to write a talk before every Sunday because they choose randomly and of course I didn't write one thinking they would never call on me. Then all the sudden in sacrament meeting they say and then our next speaker will be Hermana Jarvis. I was like okay time to go home hahaha. But I got up there and the spirit filled my soul and I just said what came to mind and it turned out okay! I just talked about the Atonement and the role its played in my life. And then of course I quoted my favorite book, "The Continuous Atonement" and bore my testimony and sat down. I never ever ever ever thought I would be able to do that. I barely looked at my notes! It was cray.

side note: Marilyn Hulme is one of my roommates and we are best friends now. It's the best thing ever. We workout together everyday, so we won't gain thirty pounds like everyone told me I would in the MTC. We don't have any weights in our dorms and sometimes they make you stay in your dorm to workout. So we use our scriptures for weights and the couches for high knees and people think we are crazy hahaha.

This week I will think of more things to say in my emails because this one is a little rough. Another side note: Everyone says that our room is so cute because of all the cute decorations Whitney and Courtney send me. So shout out to them!

I love you all so much. You are all in my prayers and I would love to hear from you. Read "The Continuous Atonement" by Brad Wilcox. It will change the way you think. Remember who you are. Enjoy hugging the opposite sex, listening to good music, working out in clothes that don't make you look like a boy, waking up later than 6:30 and eating dinner later than 4:00 hahahha. 

XOXOXOXOXOXOXO










No comments:

Post a Comment